Did your styluses get blocked and you do not know what to do? Do not worry! Here we tell you how to do it.
The stylographs are the basic tool of architectural drawing in ink, we need to maintain them and take care of them to the maximum since the ink to dry causes the flow to clog and stop working.
Today we bring you an article that will surely like you a lot, and is that who has not been covered by a stylus? all of us who have been students of Architecture, Engineering, Graphic Designers and Interior Designers know the disgust that we can take when one of our pens gets obstructed just when we need it the most, that is why today we decided to give them useful tips to maintain it. these important drawing tools.
Uncover a Stylus
First we will start by defining and understanding what is a stylus and how it works, a pen is a pen with an ink tank used to draw and label, there are various thicknesses depending on the quality of line we want to give our drawing or drawing. The operation of a stylus goes through an ink cartridge that in turn passes through a metallic filament (which is what defines the thickness) to finally pass through the tip that is where the ink comes from.
Having said that, we will give you some tips to maintain your stylus and thereby extend its life to the maximum.
- When you store your stylographs, always store them with the tip pointing upwards, in this way you will avoid that the ink accumulates in the lower part of the stylus and thus prevent it from becoming clogged.
- Whenever you finish working or inking disarm them and put the tips to soak in hot water or alcohol so that all the ink they have accumulated in their pieces will flow and remain clean.
- Keep them well and do not leave them on the edges of your work table, because if they fall to the point they will most likely break off the tip and you can no longer use them.
- When you are going to recharge the ink cartridge you must first wash it and then recharge it, never completely fill the ink cartridge, leave it between 5% and 75% of its capacity.
- They should be carefully washed especially if you are going to use inks of different colors to avoid mixing and result in unwanted shades of paper.
- The stylus is used completely perpendicular to the paper, never angled since the ink will not flow properly through the tip.
What to do if a stylus is covered?
This is the million dollar question, the difficulty of the solution to uncover a stylus is directly proportional to its thickness, unless thickness greater difficulty to uncover it. One of the solutions is to completely dismantle the stylus and use a soap and water solution (other people use 8 parts of water and 2 of alcohol) then proceed to heat the water a little (without boiling) and put the stylographs during about 10 minutes, then let them cool to room temperature and rinse them with warm water.
Another solution is to place hot water in the ink cartridge and let the water flow through the tip of the stylus so that it is cleaned inside, it is not convenient in the case of thin-film styluses to disassemble them completely as their filaments They are extremely thin and fragile, just touch them to spoil them and with that we will also make our stylus useless.
There are soapy solutions that also help uncover the stylographs, the procedure is to place this solution in the ink cartridge and leave the stylus vertically with the tip down all day. It is important to always use good quality ink, as low quality ink can contribute to the filling of the pens.
Well, good friends, as you can see the pens are quite delicate tools, the most advisable is to maintain them or wash them after using them, until here this article hoping that it has been to your liking, remember that for more content like this visit and recommend http: //arquinetpolis.com Greetings.