Do not know what color you should paint your house or project? Here we tell you! The psychology of color applied to architecture is increasingly taken into account in works and projects.
The psychology of color applied to architecture can help us improve the quality of life of our customers, here we explain how to do it.
Today in Arquinétpolis we will talk about color much more theoretically and we will approach the subject from the psychological point of view. As we all know, color is a fundamental part of our lives and even more so in the world of design and art, since color means expressiveness since we can rely on color to transmit sensations and emotions, which is why we have made different studies about colors and their impact on the emotional state of the human being and nowadays we know that there are combinations of colors that can induce positive or negative sensations in people.
Since Architecture is a visual art it is extremely important that as architects or designers we know the psychology of color from memory, since it is not only about designing and designing spaces, it is also about those spaces themselves being able to transmit to the client or the people who are going to visit him different sensations and emotions that make his stay in that place more pleasant.
As we all know in the world of architecture there are different genres, today we will start with the housing genre and from there we will gradually see all the others. There are warm colors and cold colors and several ways to combine them, either by harmony or contrast, but each color generates different emotions and sensations that we must also take into account when designing.
We will begin by talking about the primary colors and the moods or emotions that they can express.
- Red. Red is the color of vitality, the color of blood and fire, represents impulses. In Architecture we must be careful with the use and proportion of primary colors, this color is recommended to be used in work areas such as a kitchen for example.
- Yellow. The yellow for centuries has been said to be the color of the sun, has a very special symbolic meaning since it is also the color of gold. It is the most striking color of all since it is scientifically proven to be the color that most quickly detects the human eye, for this same reason in the vast majority of cities around the world taxis are of this color, to be able to distinguish them faster from the rest of cars. This color is the color of speed, it is an impulsive color and very little recommended in the rooms genre since it alters and stimulates the senses a lot.
- Blue. Blue is the color of peace, the color of the sky and the sea, we can use this color in another tonality in bedrooms or rooms where we need to induce peace and tranquility through colors.
We can see that the primary colors are very expressive and quite strong, it is not advisable to use them in a pure way in Architecture. We can combine them or treat them in shades with softer tones, then we will see the warm and cold colors and their psychological meaning.
- Cold colors Cold colors can represent freshness, rest and peace, it is advisable to use them in the intimate areas of the home such as bedrooms and bathrooms, always in lighter shades and usually in harmony with other tones or contrasted with sandy colors.
- Warm colors Warm colors represent hospitality and stability as well as power and activity. In social areas, such as rooms or terraces, warm colors can be used in shades and softer tones, while in work areas (such as kitchens, for example) they can be used in purer tones to stimulate the senses more.
So far the entry today and I do not say goodbye without first inviting them as always to continue adding to the blog community on Facebook. For more content like this visit and recommend http://arquinetpolis.com