Are you a student, architect, engineer or designer and plan to open your own architectural office? We tell you how to do it!
The recent graduates of the different careers are looking to start setting up their own office, we will tell you the necessary bases so that you can start.
This time we will discuss a very interesting topic, as we all know everyday the competition in the world of architecture and construction is increasingly closed more, and it is much more difficult to be able to choose a good position within an architectural office.
There is a lot of demand for jobs, so that more and more architects decide to embark on the adventure of starting their own office, the decision is not easy, but once we take it, we must evaluate our options and focus on the market where you can better exploit your talent.
Guide to open a Architectural Office
Planning in a business is everything, the success of your office depends to agood or bad planning. Before investing a single weight in your building or architectural office, visualize and discover your target audience.
Ask yourself the next questions: Will my office focus on design, project and administration? How much will I invest in my office? All these are questions that you should ask yourself before calling a provider or looking to rent a premises, once you are clear of these points then you can go to the next stage to start your office.
Strategies in a Architectural Office
We will give you some fundamental strategies in the creation of every brand and company, these tips are oriented to «brand creation», as well as the analysis of the local market where you can develop. Consider incorporating more elements as the office gradually grows.
Globalization and colaboration have become one of the main points to make a brand strong, they will allow you to be up and you will be able to react more immediately to the changes and adapt to the new market trends. Some important tips for enterprising architects are:
- Identify your market or your potential customers. Make surveys in your community or identify which customer profile you want. Once you’ve done that, focus on the idea of offering something different, a good strategy is say what makes you different from others, (service, prices, etc.) all with the objetive of innovating and attracting more customers.
- Updates. Try to attend workshops or conferences to keep up on the most important topics of Architecture, remember that a professional must be constantly updated.
- Marketing and social media. Today if you are not present in social networks your brand has no exist. It’s vital to focus on social networks by creating official and institutional accounts. Try to maintain interaction with your followers. Create your community, your work can reach more people and remember being up with the latest news on social networks.
Organization in Architectural Office
- Explore new trends. The world of Architecture is in constant change and movement, seeks to be informed about new trends and explores new customer profiles.
- Organization. An organized office is a productive office, tries to establish protocols of organization and management that allow you to have a working culture. If you have your own team, explain the way you want to work and how you think the office can be more efficiently.
- Publish your work. The best way to get publicity and create a strong brand is present your work, your work will speak for yourself, do it in your social networks of your business and don’t forget to add your contact details.
Patience, perseverance and re-investment
Start any type of business is a long distance career and there is no business that generates immediatly results. You must go with patience and set realistic goals every time to motivate you.
Another point to when starting your own architectural office is the re-investment, a big mistake is keep all your profits and not re-invest in the office. Fix a percentage of each utility generated by the office to re-invest. This re-investment can be used to improve your office, expand it, buy new furniture or train your employees in the use of new software. Start your office with patience and re-investing a part of your profits.
The world of Architecture changes every day, make sure your office also evolves and don’t stay outdated.
Customer Support in Architectural Office
The customer service is essential in any business, personalize the attention to your customer and treat it with professionalism, remember that in the world of architecture and building a satisfied customer can become in your best ally.
Financing is a fundamental part of entrepreneur, in most cases the entrepreneur does not have the own resources. Rents and the payment of Services make the adventure of open an architectural office becomes a nightmare. In some countries there are government programs, in case of finding financing, a good option would be the «home office» to start.
Being an entrepreneur implies take a series of decisions related to our future business, planning is the base of success of any business. If you have a goal, just fight for get it, start your own architectural office with the bases that we present here. You can find more posts and info in: arquinetpolis.com